How to apply for a place
Applying for a place at the Daventry Sixth Form
1. Read our online prospectus
2. Identify your favourite courses
- Which subjects do you enjoy?
- Which subjects suit your learning style?
- Do your subjects complement each other?
- Do you have a particular career in mind?
- Do you have a particular university course in mind?
3. Look at your current grades to identify your strongest subjects and the courses your grades enable you to access
4. Complete the online application form via show my homework or email Mr Mackie or Mrs Waugh to request a link to the form
5. You will be invited for an interview
6. At interview your career aspirations will be discussed together with courses that suit your interests and ability
7. If successful we will write to you with an offer
- Within The Daventry Sixth Form there are 250 available places.
- All year 11 students are invited to apply to The Daventry Sixth Form. Applications from external candidates are also welcome.
- Should students wish to appeal to be allowed to enter The Daventry Sixth Form, for example when they have not met the entry requirements, they can appeal to the Head Teacher or the Regional Education Director.
The Department of Education appeals code: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-admissions-appeals-code