Parent Forum is a route through which parents as a group can share their views and ideas with the academy and for the governing body to consult with parents.
Some of the benefits for parents are:
- Parents have a forum in which they can come together, share ideas and put forward their views
- Their active involvement in decision making is increased, fostering a culture of ownership and participation
- Parents have more information about their children’s education and the quality of that education
- Parent forums can improve working relationships between the academy and parents.
Some of the benefits for the academy are:
- The academy is able to develop a better understanding of the views and needs of parents and how they might address them
- Parents contribute time, ideas and skills which complement the ideas, skills and expertise of the academy staff and governors
- Parent forums provide a clear route for parents as a group (rather than individuals) to feedback to the academy and governing body.
Proposed Future Family Forum Dates
23/9/19 – Teaching and Learning (ERE)
11/11/19 – Student Well Being (MHO)
27/1/20 – Revision techniques (CLC)
2/3/20 – Online safety (JSH)
11/5/20 – Assessment and data (MBO)
13/7/20 – Curriculum across the school (KBA)
Randolph LRC 6.00pm start